Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sister - Friend

As far back into my childhood as I can remember, I always wanted a sister - older or younger - it didn't matter to me. If I had a friend at school or church who had a sister, I would be so jealous. Whenever I would see a TV show or watch a movie that depicted a sister's relationship I would yearn for that "sisterly" connection.
I was so fortunate that when I choose my sweet husband, he came with a very large and loving surrogate family - The Turner's. Robert and David had grown up together and have always referred to each other as "brother". (Which has garnered some very puzzled looks from people). And I was fortunate to gain a sister - Annie!
Over the years our love and friendship has grown to the point where I no longer yearn for a sister. I have one. We have been there to love and support one another - sometimes from a distance - for over 25 years now! She has always been a great example to me of a great wife, mother, sister and friend.
We are so blessed to have this family! We have been together for the good-times as well as the trials. 9 babies, 9 baptisms, 2 Missionary (at least 2 more to go) and 4 weddings (so far).


No comments:

My Music