Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Prom

Well, I lived through another prom. I actually thought that it was going to be easier with Alex then it was with Michelle - you know that whole girl vs. boy thing. Well, you may not have to spend the time picking out the right "modest" dress, shoes, getting the hair and nails done and all headaches that go along with it, but.... teenage boys being who they are provide a whole other headache! Being that they are male, and in our case a little brain dead at times, trying to get him to fill us in on where, when and how this date was going to take place and how he was going to pay for things and how much it was going to cost was trying. His group (five couples) did decide to have myself and another mom have a dinner for them. That was really fun - great to see all these terrific kids all dressed up and so excited. But, the irony of the whole "prom hype" is that the dance starts at 9:00pm and they left the dance at 11:15! They spend so much time planning, preparing and primping for a formal dance that they only stayed at for 2 hours and 15 minutes. But, being the proud mom that I am, I do have to admit that my son looked quite handsome and
his sweet date Megan looked beautiful.



5 comments:

Pollock Palooza said...

Look who has music on their blog!!!! Now I need to know if YOU did it or one of the kids:) Alex is such a cute guy!

Ginny said...

I actually figured out how to do the music myself! Aren't you proud?

Erica said...

Hey! I didn't know you blogged! I'm so adding you to my bookmarks!!

And, YIKES on the bright turquoise there. Hahaha. But he looks great!

Cyndy and George said...

WOW! I just realized how much I DO NOT miss having kids prom age!! What a lucky mother you are... and Lindsay Hollman!! WOW Lucky Alex!

Cyndy and George said...

WOW! I just realized how much I DO NOT miss having kids Prom age! Looks like it was a wonderful date....and Megan Hollman???? WOW! Lucky Alex!

My Music